- The overarching goal is to assist clients in understanding their investment goals and risk tolerance to build intelligent portfolio solutions to match those goals.
- Always provide consistent, timely and unfettered financial advice.
- Effectively communicate the strategy, risk, results and costs.
- Monitor investment solutions in step with changes in markets, investment needs and life stages.
- Discipline, rebalancing, and focusing on what can be controlled should limit behavioral tendencies that cause a drag on the typical investor’s portfolio performance.
- It is very difficult for investors to beat the market indices over time.
- Most investors’ portfolios do not beat the market indices due to high fees, poor market timing, haphazard asset allocation, failure to rebalance, tax inefficiency, anchoring cost basis and other behavioral errors.
- A broadly diversified portfolio attempting to capture the growth of the global economies should help limit risk.
- Over a long time horizon, a portfolio tilted towards well researched style factors has produced higher expected returns in the past and should reward investors in the future.
- As with our Client Philosophy, discipline, rebalancing, and focusing on what can be controlled should limit behavioral tendencies that cause a drag on the typical investor’s portfolio performance.